Friday 9 December 2022

Day 9 - I Got Your Christmas Right Here - Aloe Blacc

Yay! It's Christmas party night! And being mired in the 80s that means an obscene amount of drinking, some funky music and a certain amount of touching. 

I love it when someone introduces me to something that had previously passed me by and that was the case with Aloe Blacc's 'Funky Xmas' album from 2019; something that completely flew under my radar prior to last Monday. Since then it's barely been off the smart speaker. I know someone who would have loved this. 

With only two obvious covers - and both of those are excellent - this is an album from which you can pick any number of tracks but I'm going for the one that was recommended to me.  But I urge you to search out the whole thing for a bit of festive cheer.